This week wasn’t an exceptional, extraordinary week, but it started with SPRING. Spring in the garden and a spring clean.
There was a lot of sunshine and that felt good.
And this is a Friday diary and so this week I…
- Wrote 2,000 words per day for three days = 6,000 words towards my novel. That felt great.
- Finished reading Lena Dunham’s book ‘Not That Kind of Girl’. Wow.
- Started reading Cyndi Lauper’s Memoir. Wow.
- Discovered the benefits of Aloe Vera gel. Wow.
- Went to a gig & wore a vintage dress & wrote postcards while sitting in my car & drove home at midnight feeling alive & buzzy with ideas.
- Found out that my eyes are so dry I may never be able to wear contact lenses again. How did this happen? What can I do?
- Met a friend for lunch & chatter & cocktails & it was so sunny it felt like we could have been abroad. We should have been abroad!
- Bought new sunglasses because it was so sunny.
- Had my hair cut and discovered a new salon above a bridal shop. (My last haircut was in November.)
- Bought a teapot as a gift. And some lemon shortbread. And nearly burst into tears when the sales assistant asked me if it was for anything special.
- Noticed the blossom budding on my cherry tree.
- Got out my summer clothes that were packed away last autumn.
- Signed up for The 100 days project, choosing haiku to do as my ‘creative act’.
- Noticed the positive knock-on effect in my creative life of committing to ‘show’ up’ for 100 days.
- Signed up for an illustration class.
- Had strange dreams of spiders and fairy nymphs carried in a satchel on a horse and cart in London…
- Heard great news from two friends.
- Heard not so good news from another friend.
- Made bread.
- Ate cake.
- Felt happy.
- Felt sad.
- Thought about the future.
- Thought about the past.
- Got up early.
- Slept in late.
- Got inspired.
- Got disheartened.
- Got inspired again.
- Started a new art journaling season of BRAVE.
What about you? What does your diary say for this week?